If you’re hopping along on this little Studio Calico blog hop today, welcome! If you’re not yet sure what I’m talking about… you are welcome too! Several members (well, more than just several) of the Creative Team decided to put together a little blog hop to first tell you about an awesome promotion at SC and second, to share our top 5 favorite items from the SC shop. I’ll let the graphics below tell you the details about the promotion… basically new subscribers can a free gift card to the SC shop when they start a subscription with the March Office Hours kit. That’s a nice deal!!
You can click on the kit photos above to get to the deal, or follow these text links for the kit you are interested in: SCRAPBOOK KIT CARD KIT PROJECT LIFE KIT. Don’t forget to add in the appropriate promotion code to receive your FREE gift card!
Now, on to my Fave Five items that I use each month. I decided to share my absolute-must-haves rather than the latest and greatest. The things I use each and every month in addition to my scrapbook kit + add-ons. To be honest, I don’t buy a lot of extras from the shop on a regular basis because the kits themselves are so full of amazing stuff. (That’s part of why I enjoy kit scrapbooking so much…it simplifies the process for me. I just grab my kit and get to work and it all looks gorgeous together!) But here are the extra supplies that I do rely on:
1. My Silhouette Cameo. I LOVELOVELOVE my Silhouette. It’s an investment for sure. But one that you will not regret. I promise! And if you have kids at home… you’ll find even more uses for it than just scrapbooking. School projects, Halloween costumes, party decor, etc etc etc. It’s amazing. And leads me to my next must-have each month…
2. Studio Calico’s Digital offerings. You can use them for die cutting, digi stamping, printing…the sky’s the limit with these gems and they are new each month. Such a great value too. I shared some love about the digi stamp brushes last month here.
3. Rainbow Colored Happiness. The Color Theory line along with the Essentials collection are perfect additions to any kit, any month. I love having the chipboard piece and buttons in little containers, ready to be used on my page. My current favorite are the enamel dots. I can’t get enough! And of course the Color Theory ink pads. I’m slowly building up my colored ink collection and I really like these.
4. More Vellum. Seriously, I have a thing for vellum. The way it softens patterns and colors just enough to let something else shine. How it looks over photos. Using it for journaling. It’s something I make sure I always have on hand!
5. Embroidery Floss. I love to add hand stitching to my page and SC has recently added some floss in the shop that matches the colors in Office Hours. It’s under the TOOLS section. Perfect for adding texture and color to your projects.
Do any of these match up with YOUR favorite five supplies? What would you use your free gift card towards? Thanks for stopping by… here’s the rest of the ladies participating in the hop today:
Lisa Truesdell : http://www.gluestickgirl.com
Natalie Elphinstone : http://onescrappydoctor.blogspot.com
Marcy Penner : www.marcypenner.com
Kelly Noel : www.kellynoel.typepad.com
Suzy Plantamura : suzyplantamura.typepad.com
Melanie Louette : http://melanie-notesfromhome.blogspot.ca/
Nicole Reaves : http://reavespartyofthree.blogspot.com/
Lilin Fang : http://www.afterdinnertreats.blogspot.com/
Maggie Massey : http://www.midwesterngirldiy.com/
Jenn Picard : http://www.anewinkonlife.com/
Geralyn Sy : http://inacreativebubble.blogspot.com/
Stephanie Baxter : http://stephaniebaxter.blogspot.com/
Anna-Maria Wolniak : http://annamariawolniak.wordpress.com/
Nicole Samuels : http://www.nicole-samuels.com/ (YOU ARE HERE!)
Dana Fleckenstein : http://www.pixelsandglue.blogspot.com/
Céline Navarro : http://www.celinenavarro.com/
Stephanie Washburn : http://www.sweetstephcardcreations.blogspot.com/
Leena Loh : http://findingnana.com/