I’ve been behind in my Project Life album. Like a month behind. At one point I was able to catch up, but now I’m behind again. It was stressing me out back in February, but I’m okay with it now. I’ll keep fitting it in when I can and keep with my notes for each week to help me remember what went on. I wish I could do it every Monday like so many other people do, but I can’t seem to get on that routine! I just finished up week 10 yesterday and decided that I’d post my progress so far. I wasn’t going to…my pages are not very exciting…at all! But maybe it will help me keep going and inspire others who want a more simplified version of PL. So here are my pages… weeks 4-10.
Week 4: One 8.5×11 insert for an essay Connor wrote at school that I just loved. Started using the date card as a journaling spot filler. Love these!
Week 5: Used a vertical photo printed large and cut into sections to fill in 3 pockets. Love that trick when you have extra pockets that need filling! Used a 6×12 insert to tell about Connor’s sprained ankle.
Week 6: One small insert (6×10?) to fit more photos from my husband’s overnight visit on the USS Enterprise. They had a photographer follow their group around and take photos for them….very nice for scrapbooking wives, yes?
Week 7: A couple inserts this week. One for extra photos…one for a menu colored in with a special birthday note from Cate.
Week 9: Yes, I completely skipped week 8. Why? I had only 2 photos and one was just web sized so not great for printing. I knew it’d be a struggle to fill in a whole week with just that…so I skipped it. I decided I rather just move on to week 9 rather than stress over a dull week of not much to report.
Week 10: Not a very full week, so I used some filler patterned papers and a decorative journaling card.
Some notes about what I’ve learned so far with this project….
1. I can’t seem to get good pics of my pages! I don’t know if it’s the page protectors or what… I apologize!
2. I like my pages to be pretty simple. I love seeing all the amazingly detailed PL’s out there…but I like mine to be mostly large pics and simple journaling cards. I like using stamps here and there…and stickers…but mostly just the basics. It would take me FOREVER to finish a week if I embellished each pocket’s card. Really it would! So I’m keeping it super simple and I’m ok with that!
3. The week’s page comes together much more quickly if I have lots of photos. It’s a pain to edit them all, but they fill the pockets and that makes me happy. I try to take some shots in both horizontal and vertical orientation to make sure I have options when printing. I’m taking more instagram shots and while I love them… I have a harder time fitting them into PL b/c of their odd size. Need to work on that.
4. Digital brushes have become my favorite tool. I’d never used them before doing PL and I’m quicking becoming obsessed. I guess it’s my way to embellish without the muss and fuss. I also am finding that I like to journal longer stories right on the photos and them leave the 3×4 cards for short recaps of the week.
5. Keeping weekly notes is a MUST for me. I just keep a notebook right in the kitchen open to the page for that week. Every so often I try to jot down some events/photos/etc that happen that week so that I can remember later. I also just shove any papers I want to include in there too so they don’t get lost.
And that’s it. Now… off to work on week 11! Happy Easter!