It’s been a long time since I’ve done a 5 on Friday post. So here goes:
1. I created this layout for the BasicGrey blog last week. Photos are of my sweet niece, Ella. You can read about how I created the stitched title (and a little bit about me) on their blog here.
2. I’ve been planning a photo gallery for our family room for a while now and I finally bit the bullet and ordered a bunch of frames. I have a lot of other random frames not being used that I think I’ll spray paint to match. Here’s my current inspiration piece I found on Pinterest of course. The original link is here.
This will go on the wall behind the TV and stand. I’m thinking white/cream frames will be best so that they don’t totally distract from the tv itself…but makes sort of a texture behind it. Does that makes sense? We’ll see. I know this is a bigger project to undertake than I realize! ha!
3. Currently reading Cutting For Stone… need some time to really dig into it. I like it, but it hasn’t grabbed me just yet. I need to read more than a few pages a day!
4. Have you tried the Salted Caramel Mocha from Starbucks? Um, it’s amazing. And I’m sure probably contains your daily amount of fat and calories all in one cup…but goodness… it’s YUM.
5. Last weekend we traveled to Charleston, SC to celebrate Ella’s first birthday (the little girl in #1!). We always like to eat lunch at The Crab Shack on Folly Beach while we’re there and there always seems to be some fried calamari ordered as an appetizer. This series of photos make me laugh…
Cate: What is this stuff?
Brian: Squid. (and you can see what Cate thought of that below!)
(edited to add this layout I completely forgot to post. I guess this is turning into 6 on Friday!)
This pages uses some bits and pieces of Autumn Press… love! I used the Ampersand Mask and Clay Mister Huey’s to make the journaling block.
Supplies: Autumn Press, Ampersand Mask, Clay Mister Huey’s, bookshelf stamp, Mustard Zing!, heat tool, Versarmark ink, Veneer Alphabet, Smash date stamp, Black Stazon, twine