I’m going to try this out. A post of 5 random things on Fridays. It seems my brain works better in short random spurts like this now. Thanks to my 4 children. ha!
1. My whole family is coming to visit for the weekend to celebrate Will’s birthday, go trick or treating, and of course it’s another excuse to see the newest edition to the family, baby Ella. Since I’m a big time procrastinator (ugh) I am just now getting around to decorations for Will’s little shindig and decided to make some cupcake toppers and a banner with this line from My Mind’s Eye and other coordinating papers I have in my stash.
2. On my Couch to 5K journey, I’m at w6d2. I’m hoping to get that run in tomorrow morning. It will be the last one with intervals of walking, which sort of freaks me out. Then it’s all running, baby! Well, slow jogging is more descriptive of my style…lol.
3. Making some of our favorite Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Muffins later. They are awesome and if you do the applesauce instead of oil…they aren’t too bad for you. Besides the sugar. 😉 Here’s the recipe if you’re interested….
Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Muffins
1 16-oz can pumpkin (not the pie filling, just pumpkin)
1 t. vanilla extract
1 1/4 c. oil ( I actually use 1/4 c. oil and 1 c. applesauce instead!)
3 c. flour
2 t. baking soda
2 t. baking powder
2 t. cinnamon
1 t. salt
1 bag semi sweet chocolate chips
1. Beat eggs, sugar, pumpkin, vanilla, oil (and applesauce if you use it) until smooth in big bowl.
2. Mix dry ingredients and add to pumpkin mix. Fold in chips.
3. Fill muffin tins (srayed with cooking spray) about 3/4 full. Bake at 400 for 16-18 minutes.
Makes 24 muffins!
5. We’re planning a pumpkin patch outing sometime this weekend, which makes me remember our trip out last year. And this picture…
My, how fast a year goes! Have a great weekend and Happy Halloween!