I was inspired by Stephanie’s blog post today on the SC blog to dig out a year old photo and compare it from a current one. I haven’t taken many pics since Christmas, so I’m comparing one from Christmas 08 with Christmas 07. Here are my three plus my then newborn nephew a year ago.
And here they are just a few weeks ago…
The big changes in a year?
- Andrew has teeth, lots of hair, and can walk and even talk some!
- Cate is more difficult at 3 than 2. See her lovely expression in the recent pics… she wasn’t too happy with us for making her sit there.
- Cate’s hair has lost that wavyness it used to have. Boo!
- They boys are gone all day now at school having their own new adventures.
And some things things are strangely the same…
- Connor still ends up making strange smiles/faces in photos.
- My kids think their little nephew is pretty cool.
- Children’s Place and their red/black holiday clothing scheme.
- Getting a pic of all four of them is tough!
And speaking of the boys being in school all day now… here’s a layout I did last night. I used my new Slice on this to make the hearts and I am a believer now! It is very cool! Here’s the journaling….
“It feels like we’ve been preparing for this day for the past few years. Getting you ready for Kindergarten. Making sure you know your ABC’s, can write your name, know how to follow directions and act in a group. Reminding you to use nice manners and be kind to others. So many things I wanted to make sure you KNOW. But as I stood here watching you ride away on your own on that big yellow bus…I realized that the most important thing for you to know is this… (I love you)”