My first time being tagged. And it was twice actually, but the same “assignment”, so they went easy on me! Nicole (aka brains) and Caroline both tagged me with the “7 random/crazy/weird facts about you” thing. I have been trying to think of some interesting tidbits to share….and I have been coming up empty! Here goes.
1. This first one is from my dear husband. When I asked him if I had any quirks, this one came to him first and right away! Apparently I am a loud swallow-er when I’m drinking or eating cereal specifically. It’s not something I strive for, but it seems to really get his goat so I guess that’s something.
2. (this one is sort of related to #1) I like my drinks to be lukewarm. Soda and water mostly. If it has ice in it, it makes me too cold. The exception to this is in the summer…then I don’t mind the ice so much.
3. I don’t think I have slept though the night in over 2 and 1/2 years. I wouldn’t know what to do with myself if I wasn’t up out of bed a couple times each night to tend to one of three children each night.
4. I used to coach JV and Competition Cheerleading when I was teaching high school. It was a random thing since I never cheered and knew nothing about it, but you know they love to rope first year teachers into these types of things, so I did it. Have you ever been to a high school cheerleading competition? It’s quite a wild scene!!!
5. I’ve had two C/sections. The best part of the whole thing is that warm, sort of weighted/heavy blanket they put on you in recovery. It’s a little slice of heaven and I wish I could have one to sleep under every night!
6. I did Outward Bound in college. Wilderness Canoeing, it was called. We canoed and portaged (that’s when you carry your canoe on your shoulders….ouch!) through the wilderness (and I do mean wilderness) of Maine. There were many memorable parts of that trip, but the best (or worst) was the swim test in a Maine lake in May. The ice had just thawed a week or so earlier. And yes, I actually had to run into the water and swim. I’m shivering just thinking about it!
7. I don’t like to watch movies more than once (unless it’s Dirty Dancing!) and I definitely don’t read a book more than once. My husband is the exact opposite and it drives me crazy that he rereads books over and over again. What’s the point…you know how it ends!
Okay, if you made it through all that and are still awake (ahem) here’s a little bookmark I made for Creative Cafe. Danelle had given the team a challenge to create a bookmark using Creative Cafe ribbon. I added some of the yummy felt trim to the twill ribbon, layered some flowers and a brad, and applied a rub-on sentiment directly on the twill. A quick project…and it would be an easy gift!
Oh, and now I have to tag 7 more people…but I’ll do that tomorrow! 😉